How to remove disk from mirror?

Hello,
I've got 2 system disks (hdisk0 and hdisk1) in the mirror (RAID1) on AIX 5.3. Since the hdisk1 makes some troubles, we want to replace it with the new one. How can I disable this hdisk1 disk and prepare the mirror to use the new physical disk? As far as I know, I must remove disk from the volume group, but what more to do?

TIA,
Yac.

use

#smitty vg

->unmirror a volume group

choose rootvg and hdisk1 to remove

then

reducevg rootvg hdisk1

or smitty vg

-> Set Characteristics of a Volume Group -> Remove a Physical Volume from a Volume Group

Thank you! In meantime I have read somewhere that the reducevg command can fail when there are not mirrored areas on both disks, for example when sysdump area is not mirrored. I have seen that our sysdump area is unfortunately not mirrored on hdisk1, so I think the reducevg command will fail. Should I first create a secondary dump device on hdisk1? But it probably will not work since hdisk1 is out of order.. What to do in this case?

Yac.

if the volume is not mirrored on hdisk1, it remains on hdisk0 - so wheres the problem?

check lspv -l hdisk1 to make sure

reducevg fails if there is still a lv on the disk, but it will not continue to remove, so you can try without risk

if you just want to replace the disk:

migratepv hdisk1 newdisk

then do
bootlist -m normal -o hdisk0 newdisk
(extend the command with other boot-devices you use, such as cdrom)

bosboot -a

make sure the new disk is bigger or equal to hdisk1

migratepv will not work, if hdisk1 is unreadable somewhere