how to recreate scripts under /etc/rc3.d folder

Hi All,

We have the JMS Queue startup script S52imq and some other scripts in our solaris server 5.8 version. now unknowingly something happend to those scripts and its lost. How can I recreate those scripts again to start the JMQ queue again?

We have Solaris 5.10 version which is having those scripts but replcaing them are giving Java Unsupported Version error, when I give ./S52imq start command in the prompt

Please help me in this regards. This is very critical for me

Thanks.

Solaris 10 has Java 1.5 as its default Java version. Solaris 8 came with Java 1.2/1.3. Try changing the Java related paths in the script that you copied over from your Solaris 10 server.

Also, if your S52imq script was a symlink, you may find the actual script under /etc/init.d. Do you have the kill script for the same? If yes, then both the S and K scripts in /etc/rc3.d/ are usually linked to the same script under /etc/init.d.

Another thing to note: if you have lost most of your /etc/rc3.d scripts, your server may not startup services as expected. Try restoring this from backups.

Hi frozentin,

Thanks for the reply. I replaced the file from /etc/init.d/imq contents into S52imq.

Now I can do ./S52imq stop and start. But it requires a console to run it. (I can live with that now).

What I want to know is that, where I can check for the backup files in the solaris server? Where it will get stored normally?

And the worst thing was, all the files in rc3.d was corrupted. With your help I corrected one (S52imq).

Help please

Thanks.

By backups I meant some Veritas NetBackup type backups. Ask your Unix/Backup Team about this.

The only other way I know is to:
[1] copy all data out from this server
[2] re-build this server
[3] re-install all apps on this server
[4] restore data from [1]