How to practice OBP without having sun system.

Hi all,
I have installed VM (solaris 10) , but i want to practice OBP, how will i practice OBP? Is there any virtual sort of thing for pratice?

---------- Post updated at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:28 AM ----------

How will i practice Aliasing without usin OBP?

I have Solaris 10 on my VM as well. As for OBP it is an on board SUN systems. I do not think you can practice. you could try eeprom but I am not sure that will work either since there is not a OBP on there MOBO

What is eeprom? I don't know annything about it.
There is no Virtual OBP kind of thing?
I have to practice alot on OBP.
Please help.
Regards.

"eeprom" will work as x86 systems have a file where these settings will go...

from the eeprom manpage:

x86
     EEPROM storage is simulated using a  file  residing  in  the
     platform-specific  boot  area.  The /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc
     file simulates EEPROM storage.

So it means there is no such thing for practicing OBP?

there is no need to practice this... have you ever seen a BIOS practicing tool? you just need to make the settings for you machine. if you've done this once, you know how to do it... all you need is:

printenv
setenv
nvalias
nvunalias

yeah I don't think there's a way to practice, except for a buying a cheap old SUN box..you can find plenty on ebay.

I recommend you go through OBP documentation, as it contains pretty much all that you may need in your troubleshooting and installation.

The Sun Fire is absolutely right. There is no way to get pratice with OBP without having sun machine.

The best way to go through the documentation.

Nothing to really practise on the OBP. examples are there on how to issue command and set param on OBP. for firmware upgrades, the readme file also tells you step by step on updating the OBP .. sooo simple.