How to mount an ISO image in AIX 5.2

Hi,
Could anyone let me know how to mount an ISO image in AIX 5.2 ?
--SaiP

Since you had to ask: "smitty fs" and follow the instructions.

Before issuing the command finally you could hit <F6> or <ESC><6> and SMIT would show you the command it is about to issue.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately there is no simple way of doing this in Aix as in SunOs (like the lofiadm command in Solaris)

Firstly you need to have a file system (cdrfs filesystem) of the size at least as much as the ISO image.

Assuming nothing is in place, then create a volume and then run the following commands as mentioned here

The example in the link assumes your 'rootvg' Volume group is composed of hdisk0 and may be more, and at least 384MB of space is available on it. It uses the good old 'dd' command in the Unix

To generalize

1. Assume the space requirement of the ISO image (xyz.iso) is 1GB
    2 You had enough space in volume group 'myvg' which had hdiskxx and hdiskxy.
  2. Create a volume of size 1GB on 'myvg' using say both hdiskxx abd hdiskxy as follows (/usr/sbin/mklv -y'isolv1' -e'x' -L myvg 1024M hdiskxx hdiskxy). Here we created a volume named 'isolv1' with a maximum capacity of 1GB.
  3. Now the usual steps of (dd if=/<full_path_to_your_iso_image>/xyz.iso.iso of=/dev/cdlv)
  4. mkdir -p /mnt/iso ##the directory name could be anything
    6 And (mount -v cdrfs -o ro /dev/isolv1 /mnt/iso)

This is the way I have been doing as well.

I know this is a very old question but am posting the response now since my colleague was asking me the same, so I put it up on my project wiki and thought of doing the same on this Unix forum hoping it may of use to someone.

Hope this helps.

PS: If you need help even to know if you have enough space in any of your Volume groups, it involves some knowledge of Aix LVM which is quite simple, you may refer here Logical Volume Manager and the same information on LVM is available for download in pdf format here AIX PDFs --> Look esp for "AIX Logical Volume Manager from A to Z - Introduction and Concepts" and "AIX Logical Volume Manager from A to Z - Troubleshooting and Commands"