How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we can make it of our own.

Thanks in advance.
Rohit

check out the following link:
Linux Create A Bootable USB Pen

That does not worked. What i want to do is i have a RHEL DVD but i want to a boot.iso image and then probably use it for Network install or anything like that. The command you provided did not worked, if you do not mind could you please explain it bit more.

Thanks

Which version of RHEL DVD you have?

If it's 6.x, you can make a bootable ISO image with the "images", "isolinux" directories and "TRANS.TBL" file found on the root directory of the RHEL installation DVD. By the way, the boot.iso file can also be downloaded from Red Hat site for free.

Well i do not have a Red Hat account, so could you please tell me if it is possible to download without having Red hat customer login. Anyways thanks for replying, i was able to make the boot.iso with just isolinux directory files using mkisofs. I didn't use any files from Images directory.

Again thanks for you reply.

Red Hat just needs a valid corporate E-mail ID (your office E-mail ID would work) to be used while downloading RHEL. That's it!