how to log DNS activity?

I have DNS server with AIX 5.2 and need help in logging DNS activity to a file, in other words, I want to log the information of all the machines that resolves via DNS server along with their timestamp (like what time it resolved).

Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks

You have a dns server with aix ... does this mean you have bind running on an aix machine? If so what version?

In bind your looking to have some entries like this for the various log entries, easy google fodder. Obviously you want to do this for your secondary dns server as well.

logging {
  channel default_file  { file "/var/log/named/default.log"  versions 3 size 5m; severity dynamic; print-time yes; };
  channel general_file  { file "/var/log/named/general.log"  versions 3 size 5m; severity dynamic; print-time yes; };
  channel database_file { file "/var/log/named/database.log" versions 3 size 5m; severity dynamic; print-time yes; };
  channel notify_file   { file "/var/log/named/notify.log"   versions 3 size 5m; severity dynamic; print-time yes; };
  channel queries_file  { file "/var/log/named/queries.log"  versions 3 size 5m; severity dynamic; print-time yes; };
  channel network_file  { file "/var/log/named/network.log"  versions 3 size 5m; severity dynamic; print-time yes; };

category default  { default_file; };
  category general  { general_file; };
  category database { database_file; };
  category notify   { notify_file; };
  category queries  { queries_file; };
  category network  { network_file; };
};

# named -v
BIND 9.3.1

Can u plz. be more specific, to exactly which file do u want me to add these entries?

I only need information of those machines that are resolving via this DNS server.

Thanks

Joo WTB Google? You BAI?

HOWTO Setup a DNS Server with BIND - Gentoo Linux Wiki