How to Load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension in a versioned "rootvg" WPAR ?

Anyone running CICS TX in a WPAR ?

In my attempts to run CICS TX 5.1.0.1 in a WPAR..... CICS fails to start due to unable to load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension. The Kernel Extension is 64 bit (so not a 32 vs 64 bit issue).

Base system/LPAR is Power8 and AIX 7.1 TL3 SP5. WPAR is versioned rootvg AIX 5.3 WPAR.

My efforts to find a mechanism to get this CICS IPC kernel extension loaded in this environment have come up empty.

Commands like:

chwpar -X -kext=/usr/lib/drivers/cicsipc local=yes WPARNAME

have not advanced the problem.

So..... anyone know how to properly load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension in a WPAR?

This any use:

CICS Transaction Gateway and AIX workload partitions

HTH (I just googled: CICS IPC Kernel Extension in a WPAR)

Yes, I had read that link..... unfortunately there was not enough "how to" instructions for my needs. Appreciate you looking though, just the same. Cheers.

Is it a shared or dedicated wpar?

When you follow the associated instructions where do you get stuck?

What commands and what is their output....

We need more details of the problem, of your observations so far, and details of what you tried and its result...

The document is dated 2011 - and a lot has changed - in particular the way RBAC works - and WPARs are extremely dependent on RBAC settings (as RBAC is used to protect/isolate the hosting partition as well as other WPARs from each other.

Unfortunately, for you - I stopped being really active with WPAR when WPAR manager went into the now defunct Director.

Assuming you have some SUMA support with IBM - have you tried opening a PMR with a question on this?

As far as my ever looking further, I would need more info, in particular, what error messages do you get?