How to list todays file in perticular folder?

How to list todays file in perticular folder

Do you mind explaining us what makes you thing this question should be in this sub-forum?

Sorry, its by mistake...

will take care of this point from next time. I didn't checked the proper forum

The find command with the -[acm]min or -[acm]time test will do what is requested.

can u give me simple example... I am new to unix

find /path/to/folder -mmin -1440

For experts and even more for newbies the man pages are an invaluable source of information on *nix commands. In your case, man find will unveil a wealth of convenient topics/aspects.

Thanks Rudic ..

but instead of minute can we directly consider todays date ?

because here I have to calculate minutes for every time .

Did you try the command that RudiC suggested? On systems where the find utility has a -mmin , the command he suggested will give you a list of any files in the file hierarchy rooted in /path/to/folder that are less than 1440 minutes old (i.e., less than 24 hours old OR within the previous "day"). On any system with a standards conforming find utility, you could do the same thing with:

find /path/to/folder -mtime -1

Of course, since you haven't told us what operating system or shell you're using, we have know idea what specific options might or might not be available on your system.

If what you are looking for is files that have been modified since midnight of the current calendar date and you are using a POSIX-conforming shell, you might need something more like:

touch -t $(date +%Y%m%d0000) /tmp/timestamp.$$
find /path/to/folder -newer /tmp/timestamp.$$
rm -f /tmp/timestamp.$$

sorry I didn't mentioned ... currently I am not working on any OS, this is an interview question.

Moderator comments were removed during original forum migration.