How to find (specific) directories in SunOS 5.9?

Hi all!
I try to find all directories which match a specific path, e.g., to find all directories matching "data/temp/" assuming a directory structure like this:
/foo/data/temp
/foo/foo/data/temp

I tried the find command, however, I wasn't successful.
The "find" command under SunOS 5.9 DOES NOT support the "-path" or "whole-path" options/parameters.

Is using the "find" command the appropriate way?

I really appreciate your help.
Best, Tom

use find / -path / -name data -type d -print

Thanks for your prompt reply.
However, the "-path" argument is not supported by "find" in SunOS 5.9.
And - I exclusively search for directories matching the "full" path, i.e., "data/temp". I don't look for all "data" directories.
Example:
1) /foo/data/temp
2) /foo/foo/data/temp
3) /foo/data

1) and 2) should be found. 3) should not be found.

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Best,
Tom

tbeer -

Try using a recursive " ls "

$ls -R|grep "data\/temp"

Even if (3) is found, how does it bother you. Anyway it will only print once in the output correct ?:o

@ rweston: your solution "partly" solves my problem. Is there a way to transform the output "format"?
Example: ls -R|grep "test\/data" provides: "./eCOM/test/data:"
Is there a way to automatically remove the leading "./" and the closing ":"?

@ incredible: my idea was to use the output of the find command to exclude specific directories & files when creating an archiv using the tar command (employing the "-X exclude-list.txt" argument). Therefore (3) "/foo/data" should not be appear in the list of found directories/files because it should not be excluded when creating the archiv.

Depending on how you want the output to look, there's a lot of native tools you can use. i.e. add an " l " (ell) to the command - ls -lR to get the whole path name (if you need it).

If you need to parse the output further use grep pattern matching. For example:
ls -R|grep data/test$ will find all files/directories with "data/test" at the end.

What you are trying to do seems rather straight forward. It can be done using basic scripting.

If you are needing to exclude directories using the find command, look at using the -prune argument i.e #find / -name foo -prune -o -print This will find all files but exclude everything with "foo".

Thank you very much for your help. However, I still have a few more questions ...
What you are trying to do seems rather straight forward. It can be done using basic scripting.
What do you mean with "basic scripting"? May you provide me a link to further information?

If you are needing to exclude directories using the find command, look at using the -prune argument i.e #find / -name foo -prune -o -print This will find all files but exclude everything with "foo".
As far as I know this works for "one" directory only, i.e., it does not work for a path like "data/test".