how to edit /etc/vfstab

I created a file system earth in /earthpool (zpool). I mounted the file system on a directory /earth. But, when I reboot my machine it doesn't load the file systems and the zpool and zfs shows no pools available and no datasets respectively. I am using Solaris 10 running on X4500. Could you please give me the syntax of how to change the /etc/vfstab file.

device to mount device to fsck mount point FS type fsck pass mount at boot mount options

earthpool/earth /earth zfs yes

Is the above syntax correct ? Do I have to separate it using a hyphen or a space is enough ?

Thank you

you don't need to mount a zfs filesystem in vfstab. only if you created the filesystem (or the pool) with the "legacy" option as a mountpoint or set the mountpoint to "legacy" with the "zfs set ..." command.

But, when I reboot my system and check for zpool and zfs it says no pools or datasets available. Its erasing everything what I created. I do not know why it is doing so.

Thank you

do something easy first... create a zpool called "testpool" with just one disk. after that check that /testpool exists with "df -h" and then do a reboot. after the reboot check if the pool exists and is mounted...

Thank you DukeNuke. I could see the filesystems in df -h. Everything is fine till that point. But, when I reboot everything is erased.

have you patched your installation with the latest patchset? it can be downloaded at sunsolve or if your machine is connected to the internet they can be installed with "smpatch update".