How to create a partition in HP_UX?

I'm using 11i v3.
I have a san disk; how to creeate a partition in a normal way similar to fdisk in linux? (not using lvm)

The other question is:
I created a partiton using lvm and mounted it. experiment is to take a block level snapshot and attach it as a different disk. I attached the disk and couldn't able to mount it; the snapshot disk doesn't show a lvm partition (i.e lv information)

need help on the above two questions!!

-ilan

2nd question isnt clear...

1rst:
Since HPUX 9, the normal way on HP servers (9000/800 series at the time) to configure disks is by using LVM, if you have used HPUX 8, you would know, and know why you desperately tried to convince your dept to upgrade once youve installed and tested on your little test box (I had at the time a 822...) you just cant imagine the nightmare it can be having disk /FS issues at the time on those old dinauraures (855...)

Hi Vbe, thanks for your response!

To be more clear on my 2nd question..., I did a partition using lvm on the san lun attached to the server; and now I took a snapshot ( it is kind of cloning a lun) and want to mount it. so, how do I get this cloned lun mounted on this server so that I would have the same data on it as is on the original partition ( partition created using lvm on the san lun in the first).

I'm not sure if I am clear this time!! but, I really need information on this.

See: import disk in HP-UX 1020