how to convert text/csv to excel

Hello All,

I have a sql report with 50 columns and 1000 rows result in a file ( txt / csv). is there is any way that we can move them to excel in KSH.

Thanks,
Sateesh

If you have Excel 2002, then you could make an XML Spreadsheet

You can use ODF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument, XML-based), Microsoft said it will support the Open Document Format (I don't know the state of this support in nowdays Excel)

hi

how do i convert a group of csv files into an excel sheet,where each .csv gets converted into a single worksheet(tab)?i.e if there are 5 .csv files,then i need an excel sheet with five worksheets(tabs).

If you want a windows solution you could use Active State's Perl. Here is a link to the docs: ActivePerl 5.8 - Online Docs : Using OLE with Perl
You would have to install Active State Perl on your PC and you would have to have Excel available also.

Hello,

I am looking for a OpenOffice soulution.
I have lots of txt/csv files (pipes as columns-separator) and want to convert them to a managementfriendly format -> .ods

Is there a way to do this without manually import in OpenOffice?

Thanks!

you can save the txt/csv file as .tsv file and export it to the excel sheet

Excel recognizes html tables - so if u can create a table from ur text/csv and save it as a .xls file, ure done...