how to connect to windows from unix ?

hi
i am using HP-UX and trying to write some scripting codes but i have to connect to windows and display the contents of a particular directory(in windows). how do i do it.?

Could anyone please help me regarding this !!

Thanks & Regards
guhas

guhas,

There is no concept of connecting to windows if I understand your requirement correctly. However what you need is a way of accessing certain files/folders available on a windows server while logged into unix.
Curious question though. Are the windows and UNIX running on the same machine or on different machines?
The reason as to why I ask is that, one time I had a dual boot PC running Windows 2000 and red hat linux 7.2. When I choose to login to linux at boot time, my windows drives were also visible from linux. I am not sure if this is applicable to your situation, however you may think along those lines. The other thing that I dont recall is the order of installation of the OS's. This might some impact as to what is visible where. Again I cannot gurantee the above statements.

jerardfjay

If you have ux and windows both installed (u cant have both running simultaneously), then, well, as far as i know till red hat 7, u have to have windows first installed and then linux over it. windows should use FAT and not NTFS. With this setup, you can now access the windows partition by mounting it. see man mount and umount for more info on accessing this partition
If you have windows on another box, and you just want to see the directory content when u are running an ftp script on unix, then you may use the command dir on your ftp prompt
if you have some gui tool like windows explorer installed on your linux system ( recommend kde), then you can also put the address "ftp://id:password@remote/dir" in the address bar and get to this folder to view the contents
hope atleast one of the above solution applies to your case.