How to configure GFS2 cluster in pcs

I need to configure gfs2 cluster(2 node) in pcs in rhel 7.
I have configured pcs. below is status.

[root@node1 ~]# pcs status
Cluster name: deepak_cluster
Stack: corosync
Current DC: node1 (version 1.1.21-4.el7-f14e36fd43) - partition with quorum
Last updated: Fri Jun  5 11:00:18 2020
Last change: Fri Jun  5 10:56:44 2020 by root via cibadmin on node1

2 nodes configured
0 resources configured

Online: [ node1 node2 ]

No resources

Daemon Status:
  corosync: active/enabled
  pacemaker: active/enabled
  pcsd: active/enabled

[root@node1 ~]# pcs property show
Cluster Properties:
 cluster-infrastructure: corosync
 cluster-name: deepak_cluster
 dc-version: 1.1.21-4.el7-f14e36fd43
 have-watchdog: false
 last-lrm-refresh: 1591364345
 no-quorum-policy: freeze
 stonith-enabled: false

Now, what would be next process and command to setup gfs2 cluster. please help the commands. I need only configure gfs2 cluster on 2 node.
I saw many google help but all have different steps. so confused.

1 Like

GFS2 is a cluster filesystem (as you probably know).

Questions :
1.) Why would you use GFS2 filesystem only on one node ?
2.) Do you have a shared block device or you wish to use DRBD to accomplish the same ?
3.) What service would you be running on that GFS2 (web server, tomcat ? )

Have you checked out this step by step document, seems quite comprehensive.
https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/pdf/Clusters_from_Scratch/Pacemaker-2.0-Clusters_from_Scratch-en-US.pdf

In ideal world a cluster would have 3 network interfaces, with public (client access to service), drbd network (for block traffic) and cluster interconnect (for cluster talk).

Minimal of two i would recommend, you can use cluster interconnect for DRBD traffic as well, but be sure to limit bandwidth in drbd configuration files to 95% of maximum interface bandwidth.

Hope that helps.
Regards
Peasant.

1 Like

Thanks for reply Peasant.
Gfs2 cluster needs to configure on 2 nodes.
I have already shared iscsi disk on both node. I just checked with application team they are saying gfs2 file system should be mounted on both node.
I have configured pcs. You can check initial post pls.
Now I need to configure gfs2 cluster. So looking help.
Thanks.

Well, using the iscsi device presented, create a GFS2 filesystem and define it as a resource for your cluster according to document.

Only difference is that you are not using DRBD device, but ISCSI device on your systems.
It is a big document, requiring time for reading and understanding it to learn, install and manage linux clusters.

If you hit anything you do not understand or have stuff behaving erratic, post the output of those failed commands and questions regarding.

Regards
Peasant.

1 Like

Below is the command output. pcs is running fine and showing online on both node.
disk is also available on both node. now I need further command to configure gf2 cluster.
I searched on google but getting confused. please help on that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.