How to Compile programs using cc??

How do you Compile programs using cc?? I'm lost. Do I need to buy C or what? I'm only going to use it very few times a year. From what everyone seems to be telling me, it sounds like it is build into the Unix system but I'm having no luck. Please help or just point me in the right direction.

Thanks--
--Mike

One more thing, how do I get the 'libftp.h' file?????

I have the UDK installed and still when I type in the command line to execute the compiler '# cc myprog.c' it returns 'cc: not found'.

--HeLp--

Mike

The vast majority of all UNIX distributions have native C compilers included. What distribution of UNIX are you running?

it's HP-UX, SCO OpenServer Release 5. If I type in 'udkman cc' I get the manual pages for C. I just can't figure this out.

Thanks,
Mike

This might help:

find / | grep bin | grep cc$

This will issue a find command from the root directory and filter on bin and then filter on cc (but only cc at the end of the string).

If there is either gcc or cc on your system, this should find it. Then you can add the correct info to your PATH variable so your shell will find it.

OK great. I've done that and now how do I add the correct info to my PATH variable in my shell????

'/udk/usr/ccs/bin/cc'

Thank in advance--
--Mike

What shell are you using? The methods differ depending on the shell environment.

Not to sure I know what shell. The SCOadmin is where things are set up like printers, filesystems, License Manager and Software Manager just to name a few. What should I be looking for?

--Thanks--
--Mike--