How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine.

How to do this?

You can't do this - at least not easily. If you create a mksysb to a file instead of a tape mksysb will not include all the boot code which is necessary to boot the machine from the respective medium. This is why mksysb files are not bootable but tapes created the same way are. The mksysb resources on NIM servers are also not bootable per se, but rely on the boot code on the NIM server for the process of booting the NIM client.

To my knowledge there is no tool for creating bootable DVDs from ordinary mksysb files..

bakunin

If I have a mksysb image saved on NIM server, then I copy this image to new server, can I restore the image on that new server?

Thanks

Can I use this:

System Backup Manager

Move cursor to desired item and press Enter.

Back Up the System
List Files in a System Image
Restore Files in a System Image

Can I use this:

System Backup Manager

Move cursor to desired item and press Enter.

Back Up the System
List Files in a System Image
Restore Files in a System Image

"smitty mkdvd" should work. If you don't have a dvd burner on the AIX server you can just create iso file(s) that you can copy to a PC with a dvd burner. You can specify the location of an existing mksysb image so it should work. I've only done it for cd's not dvd's so I can't speak from experience. But when making cd's the first cd is bootable.

One of my earlier posts details "smitty mkcd" which uses the same technique as "smitty mkdvd".