How Many Computers Do You Have At Home?

Here is an easy one.

Count the number of desktops and servers you have running at home, including your home office if you have one.

Don't count those that are in storage or you rarely use, count the ones that are powered on most, if not all, of the day (and night).

Would laptops count ?

I should have said '2' - me and my system. ;). Then thought it would skew the poll!!

Its ==> 1 ( not including the laptop )

this poll is really becoming interesting :slight_smile:
Neo is constantly coming with cool polls. Cheers to Neo.

I have got a good one, let me post it once this poll settles down :stuck_out_tongue:

Laptops count, of course.

Two - Desktop and Laptop. I rarely use the Desktop, but my wife uses it all the time. The desktop is Windows 2000 and the laptop is Windows XP.

a sunfire 280r server, a linux server, my wokstation, a laptop and a tablett pc...

Famous last words...

Sigh... I have been meaning to power off my old workstation... Well the "count the ones that are powered on most" clause appears after the "Don't count those....you rarely use" clause. The second cause must countermand the first cause. So my unused but powered-up workstation should be counted. I think... :confused:

Yes, if it is powered-on, and generating heat, it is in use.... in this poll.

I have four.

My media centre does all my media stuff, tv, music, movies and anything similar.
My Laptop, which is what I am typing on now, which is 50/50 personal and home office, and my dedicated home office machines a Sun Blade 1500, and a self built AMD64 based box.

I have two desktops. plus
One Tablet PC X61 IBM ( From office)
One HP Laptop nx6535
One Dell Latitude c800 laptop Personal. But I usually work on the tablet pc rest of the pcs are used by my younger brothers.

I have 2 desktops + 2 wireless laptops registered at the wireless router at home, so I choose 4, but only 2 are used most of the time, with Vista, XP, 2000 and Debian on the network.

Just the one laptop. If I need unix access (mostly when on this site), I use arbornet's BSD servers.

Wow - I actually have eight that are pretty much in constant use.

I've a pair of "beige-box" PCs, three Dell servers (PowerEdge 2650, 2 x 1650s), a Sun Ultra 10 and a pair of laptops including the one I'm currently using (PowerBook G4). This isn't counting my wife's PC or the Cisco managed switch that it all hangs off of. Processors range from the humble PII 300MHz in one of my beige boxes to the Dual core Xeon 2.4GHz in my 2650. OSs on the network - Solaris 9 (SPARC), Solaris 10 (x86), RHEL AS 4, SUSE 9.3, Gentoo 2006.1 and Mac OS X 10.4. These are running a variety of services (Web servers, DNS servers, J2EE servers (JBoss), DB (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), development boxes, etc, etc).

Cheers,
ZB

Hmm...

1 laptop at home
1 laptop at office.
1 Windows desktop at office.
1 Linux desktop at office.
And then a couple of handhelds vi.z a PPC2003 device and a Windows Mobile 5.0 device.
That makes it 6 !

Vino,

Please don't count computers at your office, only at your home or home/office.

(they must be in your home).

My bad. Count goes down to one. Can you edit my vote ? Thanks.

Hi vino, done!

We are going to have a poll soon on the number of computers at work, but that is for another day :slight_smile:

Amazing!

You can count your wife's pc! (but no counting routers, hubs, and switches unless they are "real" pcs or servers).....

Sounds like you have 9!!

Two laptops, xp and sled t60 and t30. Love my sled 10 t30 ThinkPad, works better then my t60 xp box most of the time. Two desktops, both xp, one for rebuilding a testing out in the garage, other is mostly used by the wife (but it's about to become a duel boot, w/ sled 10). Thanks for the fun topic Neo.