How is a new web programming language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new web programming languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way web programming languages first appear ? I'm asking these questions because I'm particularly interested in the World Wide Web.

Nearly all of the programming languages used for web development I know didn't start out with that intention (with the exception of JavaScript). It's more of a side effect of having a large enough user base for a language, since sooner or later someone will start using it to generate HTML. Then modules/libraries begin to appear easing that. And finally someone wanting to sell a book or course will label it "web programming language".

Back in the mid 1990's java and php were based on C-like syntax and were developed mostly because there was a need for an interpeted language in web development, since the extant windows systems at the time did not have a widely available virtual machine (runs an interptreted language) at the time. Sun jumped into java. It owns the copyright on the name. Windows subsequently came up with j++.

Didn't you ask this before?