how gollum answered..

Dear admins,

i remember, my first thread, it is regarding unix systems and i asked some suggestions... 

and i like to know how gollum answered for that thread?..
and is gollum is a program?..

Yes, Gollum is a robot.

ok fine... and still i like to know...

how gollum answerd to my question?...
i remember, i posted that thread some topics only...

is it possible sometimes that gollum may reply to any thread in any topic?..

I have reviewed all 15 of your threads. Gollum posted replies in only two threads and those two threads are in the forum "Chat with Gollum - our UNIX.COM Pet Forum Bot". Is it really that mysterious? Since it is not obvious, the way it works right now:

There is a 100% chance that Gollum will respond to a post in "Chat with Gollum - our UNIX.COM Pet Forum Bot".
There is a 0% chance that Gollum will respond to a posts in other forums.

ok fine and thanks...

actually my first mail was deleted...

i wrote that my first thread for a long time and when i posted that, within seconds i got answer from gollum....i was amazed..

thoughts why i asked that...

ok fine,... no problem....

Yes, the technology behind Gollum is pretty amazing. If we had more time to tweek his code, he could become quite an asset to the site.

If you know of anyone who is interested to further develop Gollums capability to automatically learn from the knowledge base in the forums, please let us know.

And keep in mind that Gollum is like a child, don't abuse him just because he has a lot to learn and we don't have time to teach him in a way he understands. After all, Gollum is a reflection of our ability to create him. If we had a mature forum bot that could answer forum questions with much more accuracy, it would be a monumental achievement.

There are interesting questions here:

• Can a bot mine the database to create intelligent answers to questions?
  • Can the bot learn from others posts, in near real time?
  • Can a bot mining knowledge from the site create sophisticated AIML files (Gollum's brains) automatically?
  • What role would moderators have in the learning process for the bot(s)?