How disable alom?

hello guys.... I'm newbie in solaris server / os, anybody know how disable alom server v240.

thank u

hello, i'm new bie in solaris server Sun Fire Server V240

anybody know how to disable/turn off alom. and how to change default user login on server v240.

hope somebody can give me solution. i had search before but can not find in manual book ^^
thank

Merged with other alom thread. -jmc

why do you want to make it disable?
alom is useful for maintenance.

o0o.... thank so much for u reply...
my bos said for security ..... @.@
after study i think that is usefull. i will told my bos.thank u so much. :b:

A.do you know what support alom connection in sun fire v240 ?

*ssh and telnet right?
*or just telnet ?

1.if there are ssh and telnet. do can give solution to disable telnet?
2.when i configure alom, and first booting always enter username and password alom, do know how to change this boot to redirect to root/user root.

thank so much for ur attention.:smiley:

You might want to read the following document: Configuring ALOM. It will answer most of your questions.

anybody know how to delete user admin

userdel admin

can not delete user admin ...anybody know why? >.<
i have made account user with acuar ->full permission to delete default user login.

thank ..

Hi i think we cannot del user admin as deleting user root on OS. We can just change its password from default.

You can type help in sc> mode. It will show how to config. Or you can use scadm command on OS.

Easy way to config ALOM is run setupsc command.

ouw..... || can not delete....hmm....!!
some have told me in the from forum....create new user login with that user and delete it. but it's not work

You can't delete the admin user in aLOM.
I don't get what is it you are trying to do.
If you want to disable aLOM, simply remove the cable.

Was it that "disabling aLOM" was part of recommendations made by one of those useless "security" audits?

That seems like the most simple and most effective solution. Unless an outside "attacker" can gain pyhsical access but at that point there's other problems.