Hitachi Device Manager Agent for HPUX

Hi there,

i am looking to download the Device manager agent for HPUX 11.31. Where we can find it. I've tried on google and Hitachi web sites and spent several hours, i just couldn't find anything at all.

Please help.

Thank you very much!

Usually when you have HDS systems, you also take (full) support... The Hitachi folk deliver you DVDs regularly for upgrading their microcode AND drivers or software for your boxes... Of course the deliveries stop when you end your support contract...
If you are good friend if your Hitachi representative, I am sure I will provide you...
That said, what you are looking for is unclear to me... what do you call the device manager agent? The HDVMAgent included in the HiCommand Device Manager?

1 Like

I remember that in the recent versions if you download de Hitachi Command Suite (Before Device Manager) Server you can run the setup and this open a page that show the links to obtain the agents.

I read Hitachi white paper guide, they says to install Hitachi Device Manager Agent in order to be able to see the device (SAN DISK on HPUX.) after speaking with the Storage team, they said, we do not need to any agent installed on our hpux box.

However, we found lunstat command but with very limited options or parameters. We will have few hundred disk devices on each systems, so would you differentiate which disk is belong to which WWN.

i know that for EVA and XP disks, we use evainfo annd xpinfo. But for Hitachi is the only utility lunstat available?

Thank you.

Do you have a /opt/HDVM directory? if so you should find: /opt/HDVM/util/bin/hldutil utility...

1 Like

xpinfo works fine for Hitachi storage.
Just get the latest one.

Also, Hitachi agents are used so storage 'knows' about the actual filesystems, performance reports etc. but are not required.

HPUX system is agnostic about what is your storage, it just needs to see the disks.

There is lunscan also, which you can install, as well as other multipath software if you like.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

1 Like

Remember that an XP for instance is a HDS bay rebranded "HP" :smiley:

1 Like

Indeed, in which case it also much more 'vendor locked', enabling access to certain features to HP personnel only.

Best is to have direct access to laptop inside and those wonderful non-java tools, but that's far fetched in most scenarios.

---------- Post updated at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:08 PM ----------

Indeed, in which case it also much more 'vendor locked', enabling access to certain features to HP personnel only.

Best is to have direct access to laptop inside and those wonderful non-java tools, but that's far fetched in most scenarios.

I don't have folder /opt/HDVM

I've figured out using scsimgr command on the LUN but the display comes out with HEX so i have to convert it before comparing with the WWN given to me from Storage team which has decimal number.

Thank you very much for all of you've responded to my request!

-L