Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello,

I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris.
I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8.
I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk on a desktop PC, and used Norton Ghost for DOS, the disk was recognized but once again not the file volume, so I wasn't able to make a disk backup, and I quit.
Put back the disk on the Sun Blade 150 PC, and then I was unable to startup the PC, showing the message "Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package".

What's wrong?
How can I solve this?
I need the data that's inside the hard-disk, so I cannot make a clean install, and how to boot from cd in this case (boot cdrom doesn't work)

Thanks for any help,

One of your PC application or OS did overwrite critical data on the disk.

By rebuilding the label which isn't something easy unless you have another server with the very same partitioning available

Why doesn't it ?

I have server with the very same partition table and disc. Can you teach me how to do it, step by step, please.

Thank's a lot

You read the label with the "prtvtoc device" command and write it with the "fmthard device" one. The simpler would be to install the failing disk on the server that works and copy the label.
Beware not confusing disks when running the commands as you might end up with two broken systems ...

If I try with second option - installing failing disk on the server that works, is the same solution: reading label, then writing, or, I can copy label direct from one to another (wich command should use?) Thanks a lot!

You can copy the label by piping prtvtoc output to fmthard.
Again, double check the devices passed before running the command.

EXAMPLE

prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s2