Helpme !! ssh service in maintenance mode

Hi Guys,

Virtual Machine - Solaris 10 ssh service is in maintenance mode, when i tried to disable it it got disabled but when i enabling it ( svcadm enable ssh) it is coming in maintenance mode......

Pls help

Read starting ssh early in boot and try:

svcadm enable -rt ssh

Did you do an "svcadm clear" between disable and enable ? I was under the impression this was required to clear maintenance mode.

@fpmurphy

tried the steps in article and the command with rt option but seems no luck.

Now the service is in disabled state ......and not coming in maintenance state too after enable command.........i am in solaris 10 Virtual machine...........Could you pls tell me how to restore those deleted pg given in the article??

@citaylor

clear also did not worked. I tried it before @fpmurphy steps.......

Stupid question possibly but did it ever work?

are other services in inetadm running fine?

Telnet, Ftp are online

SSh was also working earlier when i first installed the OS but now it is in disabled state after following { starting ssh early in boot }. I am trying to find if i can re-add those PG which i deleted reading above link.......now ssh is in disabled state even not coming in mainteince state....:frowning:

Try:

svcs -xv

This will tell you which services are not running and give you the reasons why they are in maintenance mode.

If you are still experiencing errors with SSH, post the output of the above command.

HTH

Hi,

Please check the below output

bash-3.00# svcs -xv
svc:/application/print/server:default (LP print server)
 State: disabled since Tue Feb 01 17:14:26 2011
Reason: Disabled by an administrator.
   See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-05
   See: man -M /usr/share/man -s 1M lpsched
Impact: 2 dependent services are not running:
        svc:/application/print/rfc1179:default
        svc:/application/print/ipp-listener:default

It is showing print service.....:frowning:

---------- Post updated at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:06 PM ----------

I dont know how but now the ssh service has again come to mainteince mode......still trying to find out how to make it online..:confused:

can you post the result of:

svcs -d ssh

Please run svcs -xv when SSH is in maintenance mode and post the output.