Help/Guidance in resolving: 'nfe0 tx v2 error 0X6004'

From ifconfig (Free BSD):

nfe0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
metric 0 mtu 1500

options=8<VLAN_MTU>
ether (ommited, but correct)
inet 192.168.10.100 netmask 0Xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.10.255
media:Ethernet autoselect (100BaseTX <half-duplex>

Bolded flags seem to indicate a configuration problem- from Free BSD handbook.

After oblique Google search references to:
'error 0X6004', i do not know where/how to continue nailing this down.

I've -

-Checked the HW release notes for Ver. 7.1 before install, the on-board MCP (NVidia/Nforce4 - MCP51 checked OK)

• (2 yr old post) at Asus forums tells of a Video Out issue with this Mobo. Talk of Bios handling of compiled ACPI not fully compliant w/ ACPI standards (a Windows compiler- apparently).
  • Upgraded Mobo Bios firmware to newer release.

Post Install
-Checked the Kernel Config, w/ reference to the driver Man. page

• Pinged the LoopBack - Success
  • Pinged the interface itself - Success
    • Can not reach my SoHo Gateway (very small net), but I dual booted w/ Windows (long standing install)... works on Windows!
  • Re-flashed Mobo Bios to the 3 most recent releases and tried again.

I am totally new to this OS, so the learning is straight up.

Anyone recognize my issue here, and can spend some keyboard time offering guidance toward resolving this?
(hunch) A driver problem? ifconfig says 'autoselect', but is that same as AutoNegotiate (in Unix parlance?). If so, the int. should be at 100TX Full Duplex, not Half.

Thanks, Tom

[edit] Went to my Gateway, the corresponding int. for the Free BSD shows everything UP

Hiya, tomk!

Sorry in advance I'm not much help. In a terminal, do `man ifconfig` and `man nfe` to read the manpages for ifconfig and the nfe driver. You can use ifconfig(8) then to set a media option and force full-duplex ... dunno if it will help/make a difference.

As for a driver problem, the nfe(4) driver is the correct driver for the nForce 51. What version of FBSD are you running? It could well be, if it's an older one, that updating would help ... because you'd likely get corrected driver code (if it is indeed a driver issue).

Best of luck!