Help with vi Editor

1) vi editor normally opens in Execution mode . We have to press ESC + i to go to edit mode . But , I wanted the vi to open directly in edit mode . :confused:

2) One more query , When I create a NEW file using vi editor ....is there any way can I have the default text ......

For example : I work on perl . I wanted to type #!/usr/bin/perl every time I create a new perl file using vi .

Is there any way , can I have the text #!/usr/bin/perl by default when I open a new file (or) a new perl file ( I donot want to type #!/usr/bin/perl everytime when I create a new perl file :rolleyes:)

Depends if you're really using vi, or maybe vim. You can check this by starting the editor without any arguments. If nothing is displayed containing "VIm", you're out of luck. Otherwise, there's this:
Starting in insert mode
VIm Templates

I read the content in links , But I felt little complicated ..........................

There should be some simpler way ....Just simple commands.

It's 2 commands on the first link, and 1 command on the second. And you can even copy-paste them as they are. It doesn't get any simpler than that. And no, there's no automagical command line switch like --dwiw

i don't think there is a option for that