Help with pl/sql stored procedure

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know where to check if a particular stored procedure exists.

If the procedure exists I want to display some message and if the procedure does not exists i want to exit with error message.

checking from dba_objects doesnt help. suprisingly the procedure i created is not available there and i get "no rows selected".:confused:

Seems like Oracle, and in Oracle, the stored procedures are located in user_objects, which means, you should be able to track it down if you have access to dba_objects.

So, if you are not finding what you are looking for there, it probably doesn't exist.

When searching for the object name, test out your search using "like" just in case you spelled something wrong. It happens! :wink:

Hey
thanks for your suggestion. Yes ive done mistake.. but not in spelling but in CASE. Shoule have searched my procedure name in uppercase :slight_smile:

Also, The same information is available from user_source data dictionary.

thanks anyways.

Accessing user_source or all_source is always the preferable location to search if the to-be-searched object is a procedure.