help with find

I have two servers running Solaris 1.1

now one server is the Live server and the other one is fallback.

I discussed previusly on this forum that the live server is running perfectly
and the fallback server is not running a process and is stating the error as license expired.

now when the date of the fallback srver is changed before 2000 , the server starts running.

so it is the case that during Y2K senario some files were added to the live server and people forgot to add the same files on the fallback server .

Now i want to confirm that how do i phrase the find command so that it will list all the files that have been added to a server in a particular period.

for example list the files that have been added to a server between 1999 and 2000. if this cannot be achieved by find command , is there some other way to do it.

Thanks in advance

It is possible with "find".

Use "touch" to create two reference files one for the start date ${START} (Jan 1 1999) and one for the end date ${END} (Jan 1 2000 ?).

The outline syntax is:

find // -type f \( -newer ${START} -a ! -newer ${FINISH} \) -print

I don't recall how to check the licence files, but somebody on this forum will.

As a file creation date is not recorded, there is no reliable way to detect a file that has been added at some period of time unless the file hasn't be modified afterwards.
Also, not sure about the "find //" suggestion. That should probably be just "find /".

In any case, licenses are often based on the hostid which is likely to be (and should be anyway) different between both of the servers. Copying the license file from the working server to the other one won't help in that case.