Help with AT&T UNIX SYSTEM V Version 4 Console Login

Hello I install AT&T UNIX System V Release 4 Version 2.1 (3.5) on Emulator Bochs 2.6.8 here I done with all Base .img file upload after uploading 10 the base img file System take restart and after that System ask for console Login.
which is as root and password set by me.
But it will NOT allow me to enter Password for root user.

How do you mean? Are you using special characters if so try not using those... just make it a simple password. Also, some console logins don't echo or even show #### or **** ... so perhaps you are entering and not realizing.. so just type it in an hit enter?

I can't imagine a root password not working at all unless the system was somehow broken.. my AT&T Unix PC has a root login for instance and that works just fine.

1 Like

Note also that the default erase and kill characters on SVR4 ( # and @ , respectively if I remember correctly) might not be the defaults you are used to on more recent systems. If your password contains either of those characters you'll need to backslash escape them when entering your password when you log in.

1 Like

Thank You. #cb88 & #Don Cragun Last Night I solved Issue .now My Unix is Working Fine.Thank You for Your Help.

Just curious what did the problem turn out to be?

I'm glad that you got it to work. If you tell us what you did to fix your problem it may help others who run into the same problem later. We want to learn from your success!

yes. recently I am using bochs emulator. where Out of 10 disk , Problem with 1st disk where i inserted disk but Not removing it. that's why it will not allow me to login where as other disk are inserted as normal only disk 1st Need to be ejected Before other disk inserted .other disk automatically ejected . It's good to here with you people . Thank You.

Ah, so you were booted into a floppy image instead of your installed disk image!

Glad you figured it out!