Help with an svn repo and new mount points.

Forgive me if this seems convoluted, I am stuck in a shell all day long and don't get out much.

History:
We had issues with growing two RAID0 volumes at AWS, so we added two more volumes (RAID0) with larger capacity and rysnc'd 33G of data over after mounting.

Facts:
/dev/md0 40G 33G 7.6G 81% /mnt/data-files
/dev/md2 80G 33G 48G 41% /mnt/data-files2

Directories:
/mnt/data-files2/svn/repos/ftbweb
/mnt/data-files/svn/repos/ftbweb
/opt/svn/repos/ftbweb/

Access:
the client/owner uses svn+ssh://aws - xxxx - svn/opt/svn/repos/ftbweb with tortoiseSVN client.
The DEVS may use a similar mechanism but the details are not known to me.

The relationship between between what the client uses in his svn client and these directories I do not understand. But that is another issue for another day, after this gets resolved. :slight_smile:

We want to ensure that the ftbweb repo is being written/updated to /mnt/data-files2 and not /mnt/data-files any further.

The obvious answer is to re-assign /dev/md2 as /dev/md0 in /etc/fstab and be done with it.

I have read numerous documents and tuts which haven't yielded productive results. What I got from those documents is do 1 or 2 things, along the lines of an svnadmin dump.

Is this a client issue or an svn repo issue?

Thank you all for your valuable time and invaluable experience.

is your client's SVN repo under /opt/svn/repos/ftpweb? atleast from above, it looks client is connecting to repo under /opt not under /mnt/data-files/svn/repos/ftpweb

post output from

ls -ld /opt/svn/repos/ftpweb

wondering if it is a softlink back into /mnt/data-files/svn/repos

1 Like

dude2cool:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 2010-03-29 09:39 /opt/svn -> /mnt/data-files/svn/

It is a freaking symlink. I fear that I sort of panicked and posted my frustration here and 1 other board.

Upon further review, I found the symlink.

I know what to do now.

Thanks!

No problem. Glad I could help :slight_smile: