Help needed regarding Solaris 10 patch Management

Hello Friends..
I have not tried anything related to Solaris patch and wish to learn more about it. I just wanted to try the patchadd and patchrm commands and how they work, just for educational purpose. I tried to download Solaris 10 patches, it asked me to register at sunsolve.com and i registered. Again when I tried downloading, it said "you dont have a signed contract". Is there any alternative to learn patch management in Solaris 10?
Also please let me know if there are individual patches available... like for example, if staroffice package has a bug, there need to be a separate patch for staroffice....

thanks a lot for helping me now and earlier.

Hi, you need to have Sun Online account to be able to get essential/critical patch, and Sun Contract to get all availible patches. Well, I was able to get essential patches for my Solaris servers by just registering as usual Solaris user, no contracts or other stuff.

I believe, you have just lost in sunsolve.com navigation :slight_smile:

True, SUN have changed the navigation to the way you download the Recommmended patches.

thanks masloff and incredible. I have registered with sunsolve.com. masloff, without signing a contract how was it possible for you to get the patches. I am using solaris 10.5. could you pls let me know a link which has a patch for this... I just want to get a feel of how a patch works, nothing more than that...thank u..

As already stated, some of the patches are freely available while other require a service contract. If you only want to experiment with patches and have no such contract, you can still do it by selecting security patches which are always available.

ok jlliagre. i ll try that, thank u.