Help need to make a shell script run for ffmpeg vhook watermaking in shell

i have a small problem getting a batxh shell script to run in shell

this is the code

the problem seems to be centered around the ffmpeg command, something maybe to do with the ' ' wrapping around the vhook part command

this is a strange problem , if i take the ffmpeg command and run it directly from the shell promt it works, but inside this shell script it always seems to stop working around the ffmpeg part

i have other simlier shell scripts without the ' ' wrapping around parts of the ffmpeg command and they work fine, just this one seems to not work at all, i have tried adding " " to wrap the hole ffmpeg command, remove the ' ' from the vhook part, but it does not seem to work for me

i'm new to shell scripting and unix, any help or advise as to way this is not working whould be very usefull, thanks in advance

ps this was the orgianl script before i moved some commands into variables, on the ffmpeg line, to stop that long line always breaking onto two lines in nano

Single quotes prohibit expansion. If you make a variable out of the "$vhook/drawtext.so etc etc" line then you could use that variable as -vhook "${variable}" and keep things together. (Also see html/index.html and Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide)