help me stop spammer

Hello,

I am hosting a site that someone is bouncing a huge amount of spam off of and I have not been able to find what file they are using to abuse my server.

Short of terminating the account and telling my customer to take a hike I am hoping someone can help me find the file that is being used to bounce these emails out of.

Server is running apache 2, exim email, php4.4.4 and the site in question is a very plain site with a few simple javascript files and a contact form.

Any help will be appreciated and I will happily provide any further information that might assist you in helping me put a stop to this.

Regards

ok, the first thing to do is review your exim logs ( or turn on logging is it is disabled ) to see where the mails a coming from ( it could be a faulty webpage on your server allowing this to happen ). If this is the case you will need to repair/disable the pages or services that you are using.

Secondly, review your ACLs for exim to ensure that you are not relaying from all domains, ideally for a website you will relay only from localhost.