Help Installing RH.9

Yea, im having a little confusion towards installing red-hat using promise controllers. It was more easy with Windows cause it prompts me and i just press F6 at the beginning of the installation and then it gives me the list of the controllers i need (from a floppy). I tried using the noprobe on linux installation, but that doesnt seem to work well. It shows a list of other hardware. I cant see or detect my hard-drive. How would i resolve this? Or can i even install linux?

Im installing it on my Alienware laptop. If there is anything else i should state so i can help you answer me i would gladly answer. Thanks! :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm a bit confused. Are you installing Redhat Enterprise server on your laptop? Are you sure thats what you want?

I think you want Fedora Core 4.

nono, well i have this class, im using "RH 9 Pro Publishers Edition" During the process of installation (GUI) i cant detect my HD. Its a laptop, im not sure how to make it see the HD. Any idea?

Why RH9? Why not Fedora Core 3 then?

because my class doesnt give fedora, iono, well my point is i cant get my hard drive to get detected. What you think?

I think: new distro - new drivers :wink: http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/iso/