Help in ANACONDA-ks.cfg

i have automated installation of my proprietory linux.. using PXE. it all goes well. but after complete installation, while using the admin interface.. i am facing display problems.

is it due to package dependencies.?
or i have to write post script in anaconda-ks.cfg file???
can some one tell me about the solution ???

You have to have an X Windowing system running on the console, usually on DISPLAY=:0.0, aka port 6000 tcp, or remote system (export DISPLAY=remote_host_or_IP:0.0 ), to have X service.

You have not told us enough information to even begin to give you an accurate reply. Exactly what display problems are you facing?

on the admin interface .. i have various option like ...

1. check status
    2.configure system
    3.reboot....

but when i install using pxe..
it seems as

1. check status
    1. configure...
    1. reboot..
      also color problems..

---------- Post updated at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:05 AM ----------

help!!!

---------- Post updated at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:03 PM ----------

can you please explain in some detail..

I still do not understand. Can you provide a screenshot?

ya.. i have somewhat figured out the problem...

i thnk the problem lies in the post script...
through the kichstart file, postscript runs by calling the... /sbin/e-smith/signal-event post install..
nw the e-smith directory manages the rebootafter installtion and licencing part..

i want to do this from the anaconda-ks.cfg.. in the post script section

%post

can u tell me the way to initate the post script to use this e-smith???

also for your information.. e-smith directory contains the FIRSTINSTALL, and other console options.

I suggest you read chapter 5 of Anaconda/Kickstart

ya. i have read that chaptr but still not awar how to handle signal event in e-smith directory. please explain.
thnx

First of all please use spell words fully and use proper english.

Second, you still have not told us exactly what you want to do in the post install processing section of KS. You allude to a signal event in an e-emith directory. Kickstart does not handle signals so I assume you are talking about a script of some sort. Please clearly state what you are trying to achieve in the %post section.

my exact problem is that when i am installing the linux through nfs, using anaconda-ks.cfg,
POST INSTALLTION SCRIPT IS NOT RUNNING.
the event that is triggered to run it is..
/sbin/e-smith/signal-event post-install

this post install manages the creation of users and other configeration changes... like admin password, service ID.

i want to run it from the anaconda-ks.cfg. what should write in %post section. or this is not feasible??
or tell me some way to do it.

A script is not an event - period. Please stop using that terminology. It is confusing and incorrect.

It appears that you wish KS to execute the above script in the KS post-installation section. Well, it is not going to happen unless the script is installed from some RPM and the correct paths, etc. are set up. How are you installing the RPM that contains that script? Are you certain the RPM is correctly installed?