[help] how to send wall/broadcast message to all clients

Hi,

as per title, please help me.. I use command wall host1 host2 hellowwwww
but it only receive in the host1..
how can I send this to all the clients.. I want this 1 server to send to all the clients.. or is there any program that I can use? I know this openfire, but seems complicated since it needs to connect to mysql etc...
my purpose for using this is just to tell all clients that I'm going to shutdown one of my server or I'm doing a maintenance.. etc... I'm using RHEL4..

Please help me..

thank you..

If you want send message to every user in your system no need to mentation the user.
You have to follow the below command. Message should be enclosed with double or single quote.

#wall "Message "

I want to send message to all clients/servers.. I have like more than 10 servers.. I want to send to all of them from one server.. instead I have to login through them one by one..

seems like no one able to help me.. is this a tough question?

---------- Post updated 11-03-09 at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous update was 11-02-09 at 11:45 AM ----------

hi is there anyone able to help me on this please...

It always helps to know what Operating System (with version) and shell you are running. In this case an overview of the communications setup between the servers would also help.

Assuming that each remote host is set up to respond to "rwall", use "rwall". Otherwise assuming that each remote host is set up to respond to "remsh", issue a "wall" from "remsh".
If you have no way of running a unix command on the remote server the task is impossible.

hi sorry forget to post that.. I am using RHEL4 but RWALL is not supported to RHEL if I'm not wrong.. because I was looking at the package in redhat network of rwall but there is no rwall package for RHEL.. only for normal redhat 5 6 7 8 or 9