Help growing iscsi lun

Hi,

I have an iSCSI LUN of 200GB. I increased it to 250GB and when I try to increase the size of the vg, I'm getting an error that none of the volumes have increased in size.

How can I get the OS to see the additional 50GB?

---------- Post updated at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:18 PM ----------

This is the command I executed:

chvg -g <vg name>

I guess, You can try exportvg and importvg then check.

run cfgmgr, and rerun chvg -g

I tried the cfgmgr -l iscsi0, but got the same results when I try to grow the vg.

Still no luck with growing this volume. Do I have to take the system offline or at least the volume for it to see the additional space?

Probably depends on the back end device and the driver, if they are not both IBM then you need to check the vendor specific procedure to see it they support this.

Posting the exact error instead of "I'm getting an error that none of the volumes have increased in size." may also help us to help you...

oslevel and hacmp info wouldn't hurt either...

before using chvg -g <vg>, you could verify if the LUN has been extended with bootinfo -s <hdisk##>

When I execute "chvg -g <vg name>" the error is:

0516-1382 chvg: Volume group is not changed. None of the disks in the
volume group have grown in size.
0516-732 chvg: Unable to change volume group vg name.

OS Level: 5.3.0.0

---------- Post updated at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:19 PM ----------

The boot info shows the old disk size. Not seeing the new size of 300GB.

# bootinfo -s hdisk3

What type of storage system are you presenting this LUN from?

Normally, when I want to grow an AIX VG. I add a new LUN to it instead of growing the LUN. This is what I would suggest, unless you have some sort of storage vendor software on the AIX server, such as SnapDrive for Unix from NetApp.

It's a Lefthand SAN. I thought about doing that but wondered if there was a way like in Windows.