HBA cards on older FreeBSD's

Hi,

The title is a bit misleading, but it seems I can't re-edit the title after creating the post - apologies.

I have been handed a variety of servers, whereas quite a few of these are older FreeBSD (4.8, thank you legacy). I now have one of these servers which has a HBA card installed, and I'd like to find its WWN.

On Solaris and HP-UX this would be a rather simple task with fcinfo and ioscan, but as to do it on FreeBSD leaves me a bit perplexed after some google'ing. The advice which keeps coming back is to boot the server with "boot -v", but I really can't see it should be necessary to boot the server to get a simple value.

What I have found so far is this cumbersome and it doesn't really pin the tail on the donkey:

See if a HBA card's installed

#pciconf -lv
...output omitted...
isp0@pci1:2:0:  class=0x0c0400 card=0x00091077 chip=0x23001077 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'QLogic Corporation'
    device   = 'ISP 2300 64-bit PCI FC-AL Adapter'
    class    = serial bus
    subclass = Fibre Channel
...output omitted...

Ok, fine - no WWN there but we know there's something there! Next, I peak in /var/run/dmesg.boot:

#grep 'isp0:' /var/run/dmesg.boot 
...output omitted...
isp0: <Qlogic ISP 2300 PCI FC-AL Adapter> port 0xa400-0xa4ff mem 0xdc240000-0xdc240fff irq 9 at device 2.0 on pci1
...output omitted...

Again, nothing conclusive. I next grep'd for "WWN" in the same file, which yielded several WWN's, in hexadecimal format, and there was several, about 6-7 and there is literally no way to map these WWN to their respective devices.

Do any of you have a good idea of what tool(s) to use (or install) in order to make this a bit more trivial? So far, google haven't really been overly helpful. I really just want to be able to map WWN <-> device without having to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance,
/b