GZ file not opening in windows

I am zipping a file in unix and then sending it to windows.
buyt when i try to open it with 7zip software. it throws an error FILE IS BROKEN

zip, a compressing archive tool, is not 7zip, is not gz, a compression tool. Often, apps decompress gz on the fly, and as plain files, they do not reprocess well. What did you do, and is it actually there in the uncompressed form?

Hi dgpickett

i have 5 files in unix and each have 4-5 gb size.i have saved them in csv format.
how can i ftp them to windows in a best possible manner. i need to automate this

I like 'scp', push from UNIX: secure (ssh), optional compression to speed movement, simple syntax. You can configure keys for password-free access.

Alternatively, you can mount either system on the other and write them to the shared space. Windows mounts on UNIX using SAMBA with the native SMB mount, and there are NFS clients for windows that can mount unix space onto the local Windows machine.

Compression is nice for saving space and speeding netowrk transfer. If you use 'zip', you get the same compression libraries as gzip but Windows will see it a a compressed folder.