guidance required: feed load search & display in shell scripting

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Shell Scripting, however learning fast :wink:

I have been asked to do the below basic shell script :confused:

There are few feed files we are recieving in the server from multiple locations spread out during the day, rite now we are checking manually each file if it has loaded or not:wall:

However, We hope to automated the process where by running one script we can see the specific Feeds - with their Load timings displayed as a Dshboard.

Soundly pretty simple but I was not able to find any information related to simlar query after googling so posting here to get any kind of guidance.

Please Help !!

Thanks

You need to see if a file has finished "arriving". This depends on a lot of things, but generally if you wait on a file for more than 60 seconds it has almost always "completely arrived".

This revolves around the syncer daemon on your system. Most run versions of syncer or its equivalent every 30 seconds.

Check with your sysadmin to be sure. Most scripts wait 61 seconds deferred time, based on a syncer daamon time of 30 seconds. 60 seconds would be double + 1: 121 seconds)

We need to know your OS and shell to be able to give you some exact meaningful code.
If applicable: You can also use the linux inotify command.

Hey Jim thanks for prompt reply.

I am on CSH shell while giving uname -a
I got "SunOS xxxxxxservernamexxxxxxx 5.10 Generic_137111-07 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M"

Also, regarding the feed arrival whats happening in the system is that feeds are arriving at 12,2,3,4,6 and 8 in the server from different sources
which we are manually verifying if a particular feed has arrived at 5:59 or 6:03 and making a excel each day.

While what we intent to do is to automate the process that i.e running one script gives us a chart which displays all the feeds arrived with their date/time, hence reducing manual effort many folds.

Waiting for guidance eagerly.
Thanks