Grub customization

I installed 9.10 this weekend. It's a fresh install. It installed GRUB, which works great, but with the 9.04 install I could customize the Grub menu (color, default OS and timeout) by editing /boot/grub/menu.lst. That file is no where to be found on this install. I've searched and all I find is reference to this file for customizations. Do I need to create it or is there something new out there?

Solved.....

After a lot of research, I realised that there are several flavors of GRUB and that when I installed 9.10, it replaced one flavor of GRUB for another. Instead of the menu being found in /boot/grub/menu.lst, it is a combination of entries in a startup script and in the file /boot/grub/grub.conf.

I've made my customizations and all is happy in the world.

I think it's a change in Ubuntu... the newer Ubuntu uses those startup files to generate grub.conf on the theory that 9 config files and a regen script are simpler than one static file...somehow...

Ubuntu has made some major changes between 9.04 and 9.10. 9.10 is having a lot of problems, which is why I'm sticking to 9.04. I'm going to wait for Ubuntu to fix all it's new features before I upgrade.

I've had no problems so far. It's picked up my camera, charges my blackberry and reads my USB flashdrive with no problems. The wireless has worked flawlessly anywhere I've gone.
I'm happy with the upgrade.