Group significance in mkrole aix 5.3

Hello... I am getting ready to create a bunch of groups for several of our servers all of which are running Aix 5.3. We really want to keep people away from using the root login and as such the systems have been hardened using aixpert and if it is absolutely needed people must su -.
There are about three support roles that don't exist within the Aix defaults. I would like to create the role SiteAdmin, which will have access to security, shutdown, lp, audit, printq PrintManager which will have lp and printq group and RemoteSupport which will have access to just about everything. Now when I create a role in aix there is a field for groups, but i seem to be a little confused as to its use or requirement status. I'm thinking I would add the groups that i have listed above in these fields, but will it make any difference if i dont? It seems that the roles in 5.3 are little more than titles anyway, which is fine by me I just really need some clairification as to how the whole process comes together. If anyone has any experience in this area i would really appreciate it!

looks like i've got you all stumped! haha