Graphical Display Of Script Execution & Output

Hello All i have a KSH script which basically takes attribute name as input argument and searches whole Netezza appliance and prints information of where that column is used (Table/Views) etc.
Problem with this approach business users have to raise SUDO access request, Install Putty, run through couple of manual instructions to execute the script.
I am thinking of any other alternative approach where users could go to internet explorer and type in the attribute name and it should display the contents or output inforamtion from the script.
Are there any other better ideas or solutions for implementing this? Wish you could give me an example or demo of similar implementation.

Please let me know

Thank you.

Hi Ariean

It's been ages since I did any html forms but the high level steps to get a webserver to do this are (not including installing the webserver or password the page for security!):

1. Create an html page which is a 'form' in your webserver somewhere under the 'webroot' and has a method (probably) 'get' to pass back your user's inputs to your full scanning script
    <form action="/netezzascan2html.cgi" method="get">
    OR (batch job approach) have a noddy cgi script to drop a flag file containing the input parameters from the form which is then scanned by a separate, privileged process and used as input to the real netezza scanning script
  2. For a direct invocation of your ksh script your webservice process owner would have to have permissions to run the script (note ksh is fine for a cgi - you don't need perl or php in case you were wondering)
  3. For direct invocation the output from your script must start with an http header e.g. text/html or text/plain + blank line (& then the actual text or html code).
    OR for a batch invocation, a redirect to a URL for a file that your scanning script dumps output to, should work. Some javascript to delay loading the URL a few seconds or add a refresh interval for the URL would allow for delay in production of output file.

You can web search for more info on the forms - I found some at rebol dot com and w3schools

I *think* those are the very high level steps for getting a script to work through a web server.
Your web server error log contains the stderr output from a cgi script run that you would normally pick up in your terminal session. The main log will show if the cgi script has ben invoked.
I can give some examples if the ones out on the web aren't helping.
Alex