Giving bunch of lines as an input to script to find a pattern

Hello -

I need help with two things
I am working on a script where in multiple app team runs some scripts/jar files on a server(at least for now its one team at a time) and I wanna find a pattern to identify which app team that script belongs to. Then use it for further activities. This all being run under a specific ID.

1. I am currently running a script(call FindPatten script) to find the process details ( or script/jar ) running with that specific ID. Once I have them collected, I wanna give that as input to the upcoming script (IdentifyApp script) which acts like live process running . Using which I can play with IdentifyApp script to get the app name from it.

2. While I am working on IdentifyApp script, As I am unsure on pattern how it looks like , do I need keep anything in mind like any idea on which path I can choose to get what I am looking.

Welcome @unixcoolfolk to forums :b:

On forums we encourage users to add 3 simple things. 1st- Sample of input wrapped in CODE TAGS. 2nd- Sample of expected output wrapped in CODE TAGS.3rd- Efforts of your which you have put in order to solve your own problem(code snippet wrapped in CODE TAGS).

So kindly do edit your question with above mentioned details and let us know then, keep learning and keep posting/sharing on forums, cheers :b:

Thanks,
R. Singh

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.