gcc -3.4.6 installation help

Hi,
I want to install the gcc-3.4.6 on solaris 9.5 , in order to compile perl 5.8.8 . I have the following packages .

gcc-3.4.6.tar
ibiconv-1.11-sol9-sparc-local.gz
gcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local
libiconv-1.11.tar.gz

Where can I find the necessary documents or infoarmation to do the needful.
Regards and Thanks
Vivek

Hi bro, from where did you get the doc of what packages are needed for the install of gcc? You should get the procedure from there too, if Im not mistaken. btw, didn't you try to install the packages first and see?

Thank you but I get this error .

make[1]: Entering directory `/temp/gcc-3.4.6/libiberty'
rm -f libiberty.a pic/libiberty.a
ar rc libiberty.a \
regex.o cplus-dem.o cp-demangle.o cp-demint.o md5.o alloca.o argv.o choose-temp.o concat.o dyn-string.o fdmatch.o fibheap.o floatformat.o fnmatch.o getopt.o getopt1.o getpwd.o getruntime.o hashtab.o hex.o lbasename.o lrealpath.o make-relative-prefix.o make-temp-file.o objalloc.o obstack.o partition.o physmem.o pex-unix.o safe-ctype.o sort.o spaces.o splay-tree.o strerror.o strsignal.o ternary.o xatexit.o xexit.o xmalloc.o xmemdup.o xstrdup.o xstrerror.o asprintf.o mempcpy.o mkstemps.o setenv.o sigsetmask.o stpcpy.o stpncpy.o vasprintf.o
make[1]: ar: Command not found
make[1]: *** [libiberty.a] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/temp/gcc-3.4.6/libiberty'
make: *** [all-libiberty] Error 2

Please let me know what might be wrong. Any help is appreciated

Hi,

does this help?
Re: ar: command not found
or this?
ar command not found [Archive] - PHPBuilder.com

I know its from 2000/2001.
If you are not sure about the installation you can get the "pkg-get" from Bolthole. With this you get all dependencys.

Use sun freeware and install the packages libiconv, libintl, and gcc. The packages are easy to install and work.

As per the GCC section of sunfreeware, "These gcc packages require the installation of libiconv and libintl"

Make sure your path is set so it can find ar (ie) /usr/ccs/bin/ar.