FTP command to search recursively in windows folder

Hi

what command to be used to FTP files from the windows directory into a folder in unix environment using shell script

The script should be able to recursively search into 100 subdirectories within my windows directory for .xml files.

Can anyone help me with this...

thnx

1. Where are you starting from? Which environment is the client?

2. Are you using batch files or some posix environment on Windows?

A scheduler in the unix environment will run a unix script which should FTP the files after recursive search in the windows directory and transfer the files to unix directory.

Why don't you use the Window's task scheduler to kick off the task to search a windows directory?

The FTP goes from Windows to UNIX?

These r d constraints given to me:
1)Using the scheduler in unix env...i can schedule only unix script
2)My present unix script opens a FTP connection and will find the .xml files from a particular windows directory path mentioned in the unix script and will FTP those files from windows to unix but does not search the sub directories recursively in windows.

so, wat is the ftp command to do a recursive search of a sub directories

You aren't going to like the answer that there isn't one.

The FTP protocol does not support recursive file searches on a remote machine.

You might want to recommend to who ever is giving you your requirements that it is more efficient for the windows box to be scheduled to do the search then only contact the UNIX machine when there is something to transfer.

Oh Ok..
Is there any other way apart from scheduling a DOS script...
I have tried to code in DOS to do a recursive search and it works....
so Is it possible to convert the DOS script into a unix script to serve my requirement. Do all DOS commands have their equivalent commands in unix