ftp access without shell access

Hi all,
I'm using AIX v 5.3
I want to create system users to access through ftp or sftp and restrict those users into specific directory and don't traverse the whole file system just to be restricted within a directory and don't get shell access . i don't want to use any other third party software or nfs to implement because my user will connect from windows clients.
any idea would be a great assist

Here's an article on how to configure sftp with built-in chroot(). It's written for Debian, but should be applicable to other systems too.

thanks
what about plain ftp any further idea will be a great assist

h@foorsa.biz : At first check /etc/shells file there should be /bin/false -shell record if ther is no just edit the file
and add the line /bin/false afterwards in /etc/security/login.cfg file at the end add shell record /bin/false when it's done add user using the command

useradd -d /home/$usrehome -s /bin/false  $username

it should work..

@Vit0_Corleone

yes that's true but the user is still able to traverse any file system and read other directories if it's a member of the default staff group , i want to restrict the user to a specific directory in other words don't read any other directory but his own

OK then you have to play with advanced ACL-s

but this works only for single folder or file....
http://www.review-ninja.com/2010/04/acl-permission-on-unix-howto-setacl-and.html
also make sure choort option for local users is enabled in ftp configuration file

OP: Why not use samba?

to stop users form traversing the fs you need to use chroot.