forceload of drv/qus & drv/qlc failed

Hi,

I recently swapped the ethernet port that my Sun Fire v240 was using and back again to test a different connection. I didn't anticiapte any major problems to be caused by this.

However, after a reboot, I am now stuck in a boot loop with the following errors:

forceload of drv/qus failed
forceload of drv/qlc failed

I can boot from cd in single user mode and will reinstall the Solaris 9 o/s if I can't repair it soon.

Thanks

Terry

you swap means you change some hardware or plug/unplug cable ?
check /etc/system file you may try reboot with -r
The forceload ... failed are looping on you screen ?

I unplugged the cable from one port, to another, and back.

I have just checked the /etc/system file and found the two forceload comands... This is obviously where the forceload issue is occuring although further investigation seems that this is not causing the boot loop.

The last message to flash up before a the system reboots is that root can't be mounted - this is pretty quick and I wasn't able to see it before.

There is obviously something more wrong than initially anticipated. I will continue investigations and update any progress.

So the boot is looping not the forceload message.
In this case check after the forceload in system file. I remember an issue like that because a line in /etc/system file was missing after removing a package.
You need to see more info on the pb. It make me think the pb is not related to the network or forceload but something done before your last reboot.

Also I think you should not reboot after panic or watchdog but I dont remember how to set that up ... -:{
good luck ! I hope it's not a critical system.

a reset-all and boot -a has got us up and running

we are running a reboot again to see if the same issues occur - it could well be something that has occured before the first bad reboot - it will be interesting to find out what the issue is...

By using boot -a, you've gone around your /etc/system file (possibly giving /dev/null when prompted for /etc/system). If the /etc/system still has those entries, you will need to remove them, otherwise you will probably run into the problem again.

I think you're using SVM configured on your system ?:confused:
Anyway, if you dont want to see those messges on bootup, simply comment out * the entries in the /etc/system file. Remember to back up the file 1st.
check the file if *someone* had *touched* this file and left any typo errors in them, secondly will be to check your /etc/vfstab entries.. compare it against the mount points you need to see :eek: