Finding Total Memory Of VIO Server.

Hi,

I would like to know how to find Total Memory of Vio Server? I have used command prtconf | grep Memory , though this command is showing allocated memory of vio server.

But I would like to find out Total Memory of VIO Server,

Though this can be find out using browser http://<ip address of vio server>

But how to find out same thing using command?????????

Regards,

Manoj

check this using HMC

root@vioprod2:/>lsattr -El sys0 | grep realmem
realmem         1048576            Amount of usable physical memory in Kbytes        False
root@vioprod2:/>

It sounds like you want the total physical server memory, not just what's allocated to the VIO lpar. Login to the HMC as hscroot and type the following to find the machine name:

lssyscfg -r sys -F name

Now use that information to get the memory in the machine.

lshwres -m MACHINE_NAME -r mem --level sys -F configurable_sys_mem

HTH

got you wrong, forget this post :wink:
you want the memory of the physical machine/blade, not of the vio server

therefore you need the hmc, as mentioned above, if it's a blade, lshwres can be run from the vio in oem_setup_env

Thanks Funksen for your valueable input, but while running lshwres command it is showing me as command not found, wheather any additional package needs to be installed?

Regards

Manoj

You have to issue it on a HMC.

Run these commands and it will show you all the memory on your managed system by individual DIMM sizes. Add them all up and that is how much total memory you have installed.

vio1:/home/padmin:# oem_setup_env
vio1:/home/padmin:# lscfg -vp | egrep -e "Memory" -e "Size"
  mem0                                                                           Memory
      Memory DIMM:
        Size........................8192
      Memory DIMM:
      Memory DIMM:
      Memory DIMM:
      Memory DIMM:

Thanks a lot,

I would like to know wheather it is possible to find out How many memory slots are empty?

Regards,

Manu

Look up how many slots are in your managed system on IBM's website or in their redbooks, then subtract off the number of DIMMs shown by this command and then you will know:

lscfg -vp | egrep -e "Memory" -e "Size"