`find`, pulling 1st field from ASCII flat file as search/-name?

Hey Everyone!
I have searched around for this on Unix.com and Google, and I'm either not phrasing my search properly or this is not as simple as I thought...

I have a script that runs on a nightly basis that pulls one field worth of data from an internal MySQL database and populates to an ASCII flat file at the system level. If you cat this file, looks like this:
KDJ
OPO
DE1

Also at the file system level from another process, I create log files that have {DATE}_{FIRSTFIELD} IE 10062009_KDJ, 10062009_OPO...

What I need to do is use "find" to search for all of the files that *contain* the 1st field reading from that ASCII flat file, basically, using some sort of array that pulls each field so that in one find command, I can get a list of files.

Using KornShell, I can achieve building a list from the flat file and printing:

#!/bin/ksh
I=1
for CODE in $(cat /logs/codes); do
  CODES[$I]=$CODE
  I=$((I + 1))
done

echo ${CODES[*]}

BUT how do I make use of $CODES placing in a wildcard "find" function like:
find /log/complete -name '*$CODES*' -print

where $CODES would look for any filename that contain *KDJ*,*OPO*, etc? It's like a seperate array would have to exist within the find search?

Thanks for any help:-) I'm pulling my hair out.

This works in ksh where infile contains the codes: -

while read CODES
do
     find . -name \*$CODES\*
done < infile

TX5XN:/home/brad/wip/find_log>ls -l
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 brad root 0 2009-10-06 21:11 10062009_KDJ
-rw-r--r-- 1 brad root 0 2009-10-06 21:11 10062009_OPO
-rw-r--r-- 1 brad root 12 2009-10-06 21:12 infile
TX5XN:/home/brad/wip/find_log>while read CODES;do;find . -name \*$CODES\*;done < infile
./10062009_KDJ
./10062009_OPO

Complete with example no less!!! Hey thanks a lot for the post, this is *exactly* what I needed to do:-). I can now finish this process I've been working on, I'll put your handle in my comments like a good person:-)

L8r -