Find -name "*.txt" in Korn Shell Script

The following find command works on the Korn Shell command line:

find . \( ! -name . -prune \) -type f -name "*.txt" -mtime +100

In the particular directory I'm in, the above find will list correctly the three text files that exist that haven't been modified in over 100 days:

./ep75150aA.txt
./ep13217a_rx_history11122001150339.txt
./ep13217a_rx_history12112001162013.txt
./Report2_ep75150a.txt

When that same find command runs within a Korn Shell script (against the same dir), it does not list the three files. It only shows:

drwxrwxrwx 2 7 devel 150528 Jul 18 11:28 .

What am I missing?

Thanks

Try changing
".txt"
to
'
.txt'

I was thinking I could get away with minimal detail on my first post, but, I was wrong - sorry about that. The script actually accepts parameters that will be used in the find command. I echo the find command to screen, and it 'looks ok" - see snippets below:

#!/bin/ksh
PURGEPATH=$1
DAYSOLD=\'$2\'
FILESPEC=\'$3\'
LOGINDICATOR=$4

###DAYSOLD=$2
###FILESPEC=\\$3 tried this
###FILESPEC=\"$3\" and this

...(The script switches to PURGEPATH)....

The find looks like this:

find . \( ! -name . -prune \) -type f -name $FILESPEC -mtime $DAYSOLD | xargs ls -ldrt >> $LOGFILE

I echo the 'variable populated' find command to the screen (and logfile), and it looks like:

find . \( ! -name . -prune \) -type f -name '*.txt' -mtime '+100' | xargs ls -ldrt

Finally, I put the 'hard-coded' find in the script, with -name '*.txt' (i.e. exactly the second find, above), and it worked! So, even though I echo the 'variable-populated' version to screen, and, it looks just like the 'hard-coded' version, the variable version ($FILESPEC, $DAYSOLD) does not work!

I hope I made that clear. My login shell is ksh. The script is ksh.
What is it about the use of the variables am I missing?

Thanks again!

One solution is like this...

#! /usr/bin/ksh
TARGET=$1
eval find . -name \'$TARGET\' -print | xargs wc -l
exit 0

And the other other is to:
set -o noglob
at the top of the script. This affects everything though.